Error - no answer from plugin or local connect app

Here is the place to talk about errors.
Antworten
User-1702

Error - no answer from plugin or local connect app

Beitrag von User-1702 »

Hi,
I seem to have setup roomskills for LMS successfully, however whenever I attempt to assign devices, i receive the error "Error - no answer from plugin or local connect app (2).."
I have attached a screenshot for you to look at.
Cheers!
Troy
Dateianhänge
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (170.4 KiB) 22576 mal betrachtet
Roomskills-Com

Re: Error - no answer from plugin or local connect app

Beitrag von Roomskills-Com »

Hello Troy,

Thank you for reaching out. We think we found the problem being related to a mixture of language settings in Roomskills Local Connect and the web site (both not being in the same language). We have changed the code to be able to work in this condition.

Please let us know if this was the case and if the optimization solved your problem.

Ingo from Roomskills
User-1702

Beitrag von User-1702 »

Hi Ingo,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I tried again (a few times) but still continue to receive the same error.
I'd be happy to provide any logs that might be of assistance from this end if required.
Cheers!
Troy
User-1702

Beitrag von User-1702 »

..also, re your emails, yes my roomskills account is set to English, and the pc which is running LMS + roomskills plugin is also set to English (Australia).
Cheers!
Roomskills-Com

Hello,

I was able to fix your problem. I just had to increase the timeout for the answer from the plugin. It looks like your windows machine has problems to create a quick response. With the increase of the timeout you should be fine for now, but I don't know if the response time from your server will be quick enough in daily use. You have to find out while using it.

Have fun

Ingo
User-1702

Beitrag von User-1702 »

Thank you Ingo.
Yes the details now load correctly instead of receiving the error.
I agree, it does seem to take a few seconds for the content inside that panel to load.
Even though it appears to be working, I'd like to take a look at why my machine might not be responding quickly.
Does the connect client plugin communicate with roomskills.com or is it communicating with a different domain?
Cheers!
Roomskills-Com

Hello Troy,

an interesting question. The connection is kept using a websocket connection. The websocket connection is hosted on Amazon Webservices (AWS) and currently only in Frankfurt Germany. But of course it would not be a problem to have instances in Asia and Americas as well, if required. If this will help users of these regions to use the system. In which region are you located?

Ingo from Roomskills
Roomskills-Com

Hello Troy,

I just saw, that you already wrote, that you are located in Australia ... that might explain the longer response time. Please let me know how the system reacts. I was actually thinking about making the system more robust towards longer response times being caused by slower servers or as in your case slower network connections to our servers being located in Germany. If you experience problems using the service please let me know what kind of problems these are. I will gladly try my ideas in regard to the skill still responding while the skill action continues in the background.

Ingo from Roomskills
Roomskills-Com

Hello Troy,

I did integrate some measurement functions into Roomskills Local Connect and it seems the round trip time from Roomskills to your plugin is not really significant and I doubt that it createsa any problems. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Ingo from Roomskills
Antworten